Saturday Recollection [Short Reviews]

Books I Skipped Reviewing
Weekend treats
#002

These were just a short review of the books that I skipped for some reasons. I decided to post some once every weekend until it's all up. Enjoy! ^^



Obsidian (Lux, #1)❧ Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
❧ My Rating : 2.0 Hearts
❧ Date Read : Sept 14, 2012
❧ Skipped reviewing for my blog is not even existing yet. This book has a lot of similarities with Twilight, especially on the order of events and the events itself. The only difference was the male character was an alien. I didn't like the plot. The romance was hot and unstoppable and a little off. Nothing much I enjoyed about it.


❧  My Rating : 2.0 Hearts
❧  Date Read : Jan 15, 2013
❧  Same reasons. Contemporary romance about two teenagers with very dissimilar life and color. The setting was somewhere where discrimination was still very potent. I didn't enjoy this book. I don't read contemporaries often but when I do, I really try hard to enjoy it. This one's just too smooth on the ground. I couldn't even figure out where was the climax because it's just too smooth and constant. The dilemma was a little off for me. I just really didn't enjoy it and finishing this was a struggle. 


❧ My Rating : 3.5 Hearts
❧ Date Read : Mar 14, 2013
Same Reasons. I really liked this one. Calm novel about four girl friends and  weird tattoos that introduced them to another world. The focus was on their friendship, not much on the dilemma. There is humor, magic, adventure and mystery. Recommend for 10 years up. 








No comments:

Post a Comment