[#21] Book Review: Goddess by Josephine Angelini

Goddess 
(Starcrossed #3)


Synopsis

After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.

In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.


Review

Goddess... The final installment of Starcrossed trilogy. I always loved books with mythology theme and this one is totally up for it.

The plot has a lot of heart-breaking revelations, love, suspense (like why do Angelini has to keep the revelations a lot longer!), friendship and family, and the logic was really good, something that's really kept me thinking. It's also good that there was a little tragedy so not to make it like the usual happy ending. I liked the ending though, it's not so precise. 

The characters. There's jealousy, betrayal, trust, doubt and of course Love with the capital 'L' ^^ 

Orion, I really feel sorry for him, the revelations about his past kept me interested and glowing with mix emotions. Helen, she's confusing but I really like her character. She's the perfect heroin- brave and loving. Lucas, will you please stop deciding things on your own?! LOL. That is why the ending was not precise because he made some conflict that will soon affect their future, now I'm wondering what will happen if those things finally roll in. 

Okay, so I'm not so content with the ending. I feel like there has to be something more. And I can't never be content with them just living like it's their last day because of the conflict Lucas had made. Urgggg. But yeah, the trilogy's finished so I just have to wonder forever O.o

Anyway, aside from not being so content with the ending, I loved this book. Totally recommending the whole series to YA-mythology suckers like me :)

How much I loved it?
4.0 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment