[#19] Book Review: Requiem by Jamie McGuire

Requiem
(Providence #2)

Requiem (Providence, #2)


Synopsis

Dreaming of the dead might mean a restless night for anyone, but for Nina Grey it was a warning.

Still healing from her last run-in with Hell, Nina struggles with not only her life as a Brown University student, but also as an intern at Titan Shipping, her father's company. Recurring nightmares about her father's violent death have become a nightly event, but being overwhelmed with guilt from Ryan's unexpected departure to the Armed Forces, and heart ache over Claire being across the ocean to protect him, Nina believes her sleepless nights are the least of her problems—but she's wrong.

Worried about Nina's declining health, Jared must steal back Shax's book for answers. Fighting new enemies, and with the help of new friends, Jared's worst fear comes to fruition. Desperate, he is faced with a choice: Fight Hell alone, or start a war with Heaven.


Review

Requiem... This is so much better than the first installment. The plot improved. And I was glad that this one, unlike the latter, was not 100% focused on the romance part.

Warning; this review may involve some spoilers, but I'll try to keep it in minimum. I just want to start by saying 'I am so right!!!' *happy dance* I told yah, there is gonna be something between Ryan and Claire (I wrote on my review of Providence my guesses about this book) Okay, so to be honest, I kind of finished this book faster than I should have because of Ryan and Claire. They interest me more than the lead characters. 

While the plot totally improved, the logic drastically when down. The dilemma is about the prophesy that Nina would give birth to a certain child. They needed to stop that, but it also came from the book that it is inevitable. And any couple who doesn't want to have a child yet would have thought of condoms or pills, right? What up with 'Rhythm method'?? That's simply hilarious. It's like 'What?!! You're telling me that is the best solution you can come up to?!'. They are so not gonna solve anything with that suggestion. LOL.

Sasha and Kim. So the Kim part was not so surprising, it pretty much easy to guess. Sasha, I'm waiting for her to be involved with the antagonist. She should have just put a banner telling that she's part of Shax minion. Wondering what she will do on the next book. 

Nina and Jared, so glad that McGuire decided to keep them separated for some parts. It helps to make the book far more interesting. Nina, I don't really like her character that much, even when she does something kind of useful, it just felt forced. Though, the effort on the last part was really good. I don't know but does she enjoy being on the dark? And the others, keeping her there? Jared, overprotective is an understatement to him. Their love keeps reminding me of twilight. 

This book came with ups and down to me. It's good and interesting but not exactly the book I would love. There are also some parts that needs editing. The cover is a little scary. Going to read the next installment soon. 

How much I loved it?
4.0 Hearts




No comments:

Post a Comment