[#7] Book Review: The Selection by Kiera Cass


The Selection 
(The Selection #1)

The Selection (The Selection, #1)


Synopsis

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


Review

The Selection… It was an amazing book! Would stating that I’d manage to finish this novel in about eight hours be enough to prove my point? So far, this was my fastest read. I just knew that the moment I started reading it that I won’t be able to keep my eyes off it until I finished everything. And wow! I loved it.
It’s every girl’s dream to be a princess and be loved by our own prince. This book definitely fulfilled my best wishes. It’s the best fairytale that I could hope to have read.

The writing of Cass was incredible. She let me experience this book in full package. I felt how the emotions of the character as she struggle with a handful of dilemmas. I always liked it when the author didn’t just narrate the story but make the readers enter it as if we were really there.

The female character; America was determined, carefree, kind, stubborn and of coarse beautiful. I liked how her personality developed and improved with the events. She’s a little confusing. And I think it’ good that she has the nerve to break some rules and stand for the right. Prince Maxon was sweet, playful, responsible and extremely handsome. And he’s a little bit of a womanizer! Though, I think that’s unavoidable since he has 35 ladies to entertain. I loved how he’s willing to absorb all new information and knowledge concerning the society and take actions for it. Aspen; he’s a jerk. I don’t think there should ever be a love triangle because of him. But since there already is, I’ll just have to deal with it and let Cass do the thinking. By the way, he’ pretty good looking too.

I’m on team America and Maxon. I felt sparks whenever thay were together. It’s been a while since the last time I actually felt like that for book characters.

The events and setting were great. The whole thing was between the present and future. The history and status of society seems to be somewhere belonging in the future, though, the technologies and everything else described on this book was just how it is today. Living in a castle and all, what could you ever ask for?

Overall, it’s a great book. I can’t wait to know what’s going to happen in book 2. Cass really have done a good job ^^

How much I loved it?
5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment