[#6] Book Review: Rachel Higginson


Reckless Magic 


Reckless Magic (Star-Crossed, #1)

Synopsis

16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and she is determined to simply do that. But when she meets Kiran Kendrick and her world opens to something she thought only existed in fairy tales, she's unsure what her future will hold. Suddenly she is captivated by a boy who seems to be the source of all of her problems and struggling to rescue her best friend from a foreign prison. When attempts are made on Kiran's life, Eden alone must save him. Thrust into a world that is more make-believe than reality, Eden has to find her own destiny without losing those she loves most. Reckless is an intricate story of mystery, adventure, magic and love. Eden Matthews is an unlikely heroine set on a path to save the world and her loved ones before its too late.

Review

Reckless Magic… In the first parts of this book, I honestly liked it though as the story went on, it became a little boring. It’s an average book for me.

It was intriguing from the start up to about ¼ of the whole book. The readers were on the dark when it comes to there nature. It kept the excitement going on for a while.

Then on about ½ to ¾ of the story when I’d realized what they are it started to get boring then there I’d just skipped some parts just to get to the exciting part. And I don’t think that I’d read something really thrilling in the least, and that’s up to finish.

The girl character; Eden was confused and weak. I actually liked strong characters and I don’t appreciate absurdity. The male character; Kiran was playful, gorgeously hot ^^ and arrogant. He was so arrogant and manipulative, there were scenes that he got really annoying that I wished I could punch him in the face, good thing that the book never stopped reminding me with how handsome he looked. And by the way the accent really helped me calm my nerves. Avalon, I think that he’s supposed to surprise me with revelation but I didn’t seem to be affected with any of the tricks.

The book and me; we just don’t click. Though, I would recommend this with the younger ones. I think I would have liked it if I’m still on middle school.

The writing was average too. There should be a lot of revelation to surprise the reader but it’s never effective to me. The degree of writings not meant for YA paranormal and dystopian reader like me.

Overall, I still believe that it’s a good book if it’s read by someone interested with a middle aged book or with its genre.

How much I loved it?
2.0 Hearts



No comments:

Post a Comment