Saturday Recollection [Short Reviews]

Books I Skipped Reviewing
Weekend treats
#007

These were just a short review of the books that I skipped for some reasons. I decided to post some once every weekend until it's all up. Enjoy! ^^

ღSeries Specialღ
(Part 3)


The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

❧ My Rating : 5.0 Hearts
❧ Date Read : October 2012
❧ Percy Jackson, who doesn't know him?! So, these books was one of the most unexpected books I've had read. I read it because one of my classmates keeps on bugging me to read it, and it's free so I say why not. Even tried to delay it until it's the last thing on my shelf. Can't blame myself for doing so because for real, the synopsis was not much to be excited about. *Don't judge a book by its cover* Hell, yeah!

I didn't really expect to like it but as I continue to read, I just found myself lost on the pages. Can't find my way back and totally not planning to.

Days after being able to finish it, I found out that this series is on 'Children book' Shelving. There's a little inside jokes, my mind can't get over with about that fact. I fell for a children book! And I'm proud of it because it's PJ. So much for trying to act older on my first year in college.

Okay, for the record, the series is mythology themed with a mix of mystery, suspense, action, adventure, really cute/sweet romance, humor, friendship, family and I really think that I can go on forever. Just fill the spots.

The plot was amazing! I can blame that on the writing of Riordan for he seems to make simple events more interesting and intriguing than usual. Enjoyable and lovable too, for he woke up my kid's heart, all exciting and jumpy.

The characters. So who doesn't love Percy, Annabeth and Grover? And I have to admit that Mr. D was really amusing if not annoying. Percy and Annabeth cute love is one of the best thing that I long to happen and it finally did in the third book (not sure). "You drool on your sleep," one of the first thing that she said to him. LOL.

To sum these up, everything about the book was just amazing. The characters were great. The humor was hilarious. The adventure and dilemmas were all fun, brainy and exciting. The mythology theme was brilliant. You know I could really go on forever here =)

Anyway, just want to note that the movie version sucks. Nothing correctly interpreted. And the casting, PJ was about 12 on the lightning thief but he's like 16 or more in the movie. Annabeth was not even blonde! What's with all of that? So.. Yeah, I suggest that we just focus on the book (and the book alone).

This series is awesome! So if you haven't read it, I'm telling you now that you are missing a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment