Saturday Recollection [Short Review]

Books I Skipped Reviewing
Weekend treats
#008

These were just a short review of the books that I skipped for some reasons. I decided to post some once every weekend until it's all up. Enjoy! ^^

ღSeries Specialღ
(Part 4)

Warprize  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #1)Warsworn  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #2)Warlord  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #3)

❧ Chronicles of the Warlands series by Elizabeth Vaughan
❧ My Rating : 5.0 hearts (first installment), 3.0 (last two books)
❧ Date Read : December 2012
❧ Warlands, it's been a long time since I've had read this series so I'll do the review as a whole, though I have a single review of the first book: Warprize.

The first book was a rapt while the latter books were also good, they're not on the same level with the first.

Xylara, the warprize, was a unique character, I remember loving her for that. She's reluctant but brave. Her situation was really hard but she manage to go through with it with flying colors. Anyway, a warprize is a person viewed valuable enough to stop a war. It was first interpreted as being slave to the other side but it turned out to be a real completely different role. I didn't expected that, I think that revelation was the highlight of the whole series.

Kier, the warlord, glad that he's open-minded and not pushy. Liked his strong character, not really my type but exactly fit for the portrait needed.

Warsworn as I remember it was their journey that leads to them being caught in a plague. Good thing that Xylara was a healer but turned out that she would also be affected by the deadly illness. The story started being boring there.

Warlord was when they were back on their homeland. She had to adapt on change and distrust around her. It became more focused on the romance part and lesser action.

The ending of the series was nice and sweet, a little funny too. It was a good read. Recommending this to younger readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment