Poems [#5] : The Path I'd Taken

The Path I'd Taken

I'd been on the world of falsehood
Driven by threads woven by citizens,
Mesmerized by those connected hands,
Never bothering to question its rightfulness.

Years of duty without understanding
Years of crawling in a foggy path
Years of denying the sight of wisdom
Delivered by voice as warm as a mother's hug.

A hurricane shattered my brittle ball of glass,
Breaking every piece of me in every chance
Leaving me hating, blaming and cursing
until the foggy path turns to dark endless one.

Long, long agony with no one to hold on
Making me numb like an old and cold stone,
A misery filled with nothingness
Contained inside a little icy bottle.

But my blood can never be contained,
It spilled out and I'd known how to cry,
After years of numbing torture,
Who would have thought that all I needed was to cry?

I cried and cried until i just want it to end,
But a light suddenly gotten hold of my heart,
Never wanting to let go and give up on me,
Saving me from falling on the cliffs.

Touching me with love and care,
Making me forget of how I'd been,
Miraculously sewing back the pieces,
Healing every torn in my heart and soul.

The light taking me out of darkness,
Giving me complete blissful shine,
Fogs completely cleared-out,
Dark completely forgotten.

Here I stay with my savior
Who never had and never will abandon me
Here i live and cheries the very essence of my existence
Forever with Him, my beloved Savior and God.

-Samantha A.

No comments:

Post a Comment