[#17] Book Review: Providence by Jamie McGuire

Providence 
(Providence #1)

Providence (Providence, #1)


Synopsis

Struggling with her father's death, Nina meets Jared Ryel, presumably by chance. However it soon becomes clear that he knows more about her than even close friends. When her father's former associates begin following her in the dark, Nina learns that her father was not the man she thought he was, but a thief who stole from demons. In searching for the truth behind her father's death, she stumbles upon something she never expected, and something Hell wants, that only she holds the key for. Jared risks everything to keep the women he was born to save, by sharing the secret he was sworn to protect.

Review

Providence... I was intrigue by this book for it's written by McGuire who authored one of my favorite books - Beautiful Disaster. And just look how the cover radiate mystery, like it was saying to me, 'Hey, I know you can't resist me, just take a peak and you'll know what's inside.'. And there I figured out that he's absolutely right, I'm a sucker for mysteries.

Just a warning: this might contain little spoilers... The demons was already mentioned on the synopsis so it won't be hard to figure out that there would be angels. There was a love triangle: Jared-Nina-Ryan. It's like reliving Twilight all over again. Paranormal romance where the romance was a little suffocating. At first, I have my bet on Ryan and it's the first time I bet on someone who obviously would lose. Jared was actually the mystery part of the book, I can't figure what he was and what up with all the events involving him though, I wasn't really surprised when it's all said and done. Nina, the only part that I liked her was when she left Jared. Nina and Jared, not the best couples for me. But I'm hoping that there would be something between Ryan and Claire. Just a little guess that they might have that 'something' on the next books, because of the part where Jared told Nina that she and Ryan were supposed to be family, for Claire's guardianship for him to make any sense. If Jared and Nina will really end up together (I'm still hoping they don't) then, the only way that they would become family was to Claire and Ryan to happen. And that's how I analyzed all the books I'm reading.

The love story was too focused and it's like they just want to live on their own personal bubble forever. 'People, the world doesn't revolve around you' and yet, 'Why do you care?'. Schizophrenia activated. I liked some parts and some don't. I just really expected to love it the same way I had with Beautiful Disaster.

The plot, climax, story line, supporting characters and setting were all in the background. Nothing much to be told about any of it. It's sort of repetitive. Lost count of how many times they make out.

Anyway, I like it in an average way and planning to read the next books soon. I recommend this to readers who really really love romance.

How much I loved it?

3.5 Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment